To all members of Forskerforbundet (the Norwegian Association of Researchers): We hereby announce the 2021 Brain Power Award. Send us your story about the importance of R&D work! Deadline for submission is Friday, September 3, 2021.
The purpose of the award is to highlight the role of research and development (R&D) in our community, and to highlight the important job our members do in many areas. The contribution should be a story about why R&D work is important and what importance it has for society. The Brain Power Award aims at establishing a greater understanding that investment in R&D and knowledge are important investments for the future, and to highlight the importance of R&D for the future welfare, industrial and social development; locally, regionally, globally and nationally.
All members of Forskerforbundet can submit entries for the award, regardless of their job position or place of work.
Contributions can be formulated in various genres and media, whether in the form of an article, an essay, a film, an exhibition or other ways to present the message of the importance of R&D activity. The entry should communicate well to the general public.
The award money is a total of NOK 200 000. A jury will select the best entries and allocate the award to one or more winners. Read more about the previous award allocations and ceremonies here (in Norwegian only).
The jury selects one or more winners of the Brain Power Award on the basis of an assessment of which contribution has the best quality and dissemination ability.
The winner(s) will be announced at our annual Research Policy Conference, Tuesday, November 9, 2021. The winner(s) will also be presented on our website.
Guidelines for contributions to the Brain Power Award:
- The person submitting a contribution must be a member of Forskerforbundet / NAR.
- The award is given on the basis of quality, originality and joy of dissemination, as well as on the basis of how well the contribution communicates to the general public.
- The contribution cannot be previuously rewarded, but it may be previously published.
- Text contributions must not exceed 8000 characters (spacing included). Contributions that fall outside this framework will not be considered.
- Audio-visual contributions like film or audio track must not exceed 10 minutes. Contributions that fall outside this framework will not be considered.
- Contributions must be submitted in Norwegian or English. Contributions may also be submitted in Sami, if Norwegian or English translation / subtitles are included.
- Each person may submit no more than two contributions. The contributions are assessed separately.
Contributions should be submitted to or Forskerforbundet, Postboks 1025 Sentrum, 0104 Oslo – by Friday, September 3, 2021.
Audio-visual contributions should be made available for download, or submitted on a USB-stick.