To all members of the Norwegian Association of Researchers (Forskerforbundet): NAR hereby announces the 2019 Brain Power Award. Send us your story about the importance of R&D work! Deadline for submission is Monday September 2, 2019.
(The Brain Power Award 2019)
The purpose of the award is to highlight the role of research and development (R&D) in our community, and to highlight the important job our members do in many areas. The contribution should be a story about why R&D work is important and what importance it has for society. The Brain Power Award aims at establishing a greater understanding that investment in R&D and knowledge are important investments for the future, and to highlight the importance of R&D for the future welfare, industrial and social development; locally, regionally, globally and nationally.
All members of NAR can submit entries for the award, regardless of their job position or place of work.
Contributions can be formulated in various genres and media, whether in the form of an article, an essay, a film, an exhibition or other ways to present the message of the importance of R&D activity. The entry should communicate well to the general public.
The award money is a total of NOK 200 000. A jury appointed by the Executive Board will select the best entries and allocate the award to one or more winners. Read more about the previous award allocations and ceremonies here (in Norwegian only).
The jury will give the award to the contribution(s) that are found to be of the highest quality and with the best ability to disseminate research.
The winner(s) will be announced at our annual Research Policy Conference on November 12, 2019. The winner(s) will also be presented on our website.
Guidelines for contributions to the Brain Power Award:
- The person submitting contribution must be a member of NAR / Forskerforbundet.
- The award is given on the basis of quality, originality and joy of dissemination, as well as on the basis of how well the contribution communicates to the general public.
- The contribution cannot be previuously rewarded, but it may be previously published.
- Text contributions must not exceed 8000 characters (spacing included). Contributions that fall outside this framework will not be considered.
- Audio-visual contributions like film or audio track must not exceed 10 minutes. Contributions that fall outside this framework will not be considered.
- Contributions must be submitted in Norwegian or English. Contributions may also be submitted in Sami, if Norwegian or English translation / subtitles are included.
- If a person submits more than one contribution, each contribution will be considered separately.
Contributions should be submitted to or Forskerforbundet, Postboks 1025 Sentrum, 0104 Oslo – by Monday 2 September 2019.
Audio-visual contributions should be made available for download, or submitted on a USB-stick.