To all members of the Norwegian Association of Researchers (Forskerforbundet): NAR hereby announces the 2015 Brain Power Award. Send us your story about the importance of R & D work! Deadline 9. November 2015.
The Brain Power Award was established in 2013, as part of NAR’s Brain Power Initiative.The purpose of the award is to highlight the importance of research and development (R & D) for the future welfare, industrial and social development, locally, regionally, globally and nationally. We want to make a contribution towards lifting research and knowledge higher on the political agenda in Norway, in order to establish an understanding that investment in R & D and knowledge are the most important investments we make for the future.
All members of NAR can submit entries for the award, regardless of their job position or place of work. The entry should be a story about the importance of R & D activity, and it must communicate well to the general public.
Contributions can be formulated in various genres and media, whether in the form of an article, an essay, a film, an exhibition or other ways to present the message of the importance of R & D activity. All submissions may be used in conjunction with NAR’s Brain Power Initiative.
The award is NOK 100 000. A jury appointed by the Executive Board will select the best entries and allocate the award to one or more winners. Read more about the previous award allocations and ceremonies here (Norwegian only). The jury will give the award to the contributions that are found to be of the highest quality and with the best ability to disseminate research.
The award will be presented at a dedicated event and the winners announced at NAR’s website.
Guidelines for contributions to the Brain Power Award:
- The person submitting contribution must be a member of NAR / Forskerforbundet.
- The award is given on the basis of quality, originality and joy of dissemination, as well as on the basis of how well the contribution communicates to the general public.
- Text contributions must not exceed 8000 characters (spacing included). Contributions that fall outside this framework will not be considered.
- Audio-visual contributions like film or audio track should not exceed 10 minutes. Contributions falling outside this framework will not be considered.
- Contributions must be submitted in Norwegian or English.
- If a person submits more than one contribution, each contribution will be considered separately.
Contributions should be submitted to or Forskerforbundet, Postboks 1025 Sentrum, 0104 Oslo – by Monday 9. November 2015.
Read more about the Brain Power Initiative here (pdf)