Become a member of Forskerforbundet
The Norwegian Association of Researchers (NAR) organises employees and students in research, higher education and dissemination of knowledge. NAR’s main purpose is to increase salaries and improve working conditions for our members.
- We represent our members in all kinds of salary negotiations; at the national level as well as at the local workplace.
- Our members can get free legal assistance in matters regarding their salaries or working conditions.
- NAR’s local branch at your workplace provides a professional and a social network.
- We offer various courses, conferences and seminars for members, free of charge.
- Our members are offered competitively priced insurance and banking services.
- Our members receive the monthly journal Forskerforum for free.
Read more about our membership benefits
NAR organises students and employees in scientific, technical-administrative or other professional positions that normally require a tertiary qualification, and who work in
- research and development
- higher education
- museums and cultural heritage management
- public administration related to research and higher education
Are you not sure whether you can become a member?
See our guidelines for membership
For 2017, NAR's membership fees are:
- Ordinary fee: NOK 447 a month (full time employee).
- Reduced fee: NOK 243 a month (part time employee; 50 % or less).
- PhD candidate: NOK 243 a month (employed as a research fellow).
- Student: No fees.
Do you want to stand alongside many others in a union which is fighting for better education, wages and working conditions? Are you interested in affordable insurance policies and favorable banking services? Join NAR as a student member! Student membership is free of charge.
We have double membership agreements with a number of Norwegian associations for professionals. With double membership, you can be a member of both organisaitions without paying double fees.
Read more about double membership
We have reciprocal membership agreements with sister organisations in the Nordic countries, Ireland, Great Britain, Canada and the USA. If you are a member of our sister organisation in one of these countries, you can join NAR for free as a guest member.
Read more about guest membership
If you change your address or your employment, take a leave of absence, or retire, you must inform the NAR Central Office. Log on to your personal membership page: "Min side" to update your membership information. It is also possible to terminate your membership via "Min side".
Log on to "Min side" (in Norwegian only)