Join Forskerforbundet – the Norwegian Association of Researchers (NAR) – and get your membership for free until the end of 2022. If you join us now, you get covered by our basic insurance during the same time (free of charge). Do not miss out on this great opportunity, and please tell a colleague!
Why choose us?
The Norwegian Association of Researchers (NAR) organize over 1600 PhD candidates. NAR is the only trade union with a developed policy plan for this group. Read our advice for new PhD candidates.
PhD candidates pay a reduced membership fee after the campaign period. During your first year as a member, you only pay 25 % of the regular monthly fee. In the following years as a PhD, you pay 50 %.
We work to achieve competitive salaries and better working conditions for our PhD candidates. Additionally, we place high importance on research training of high international quality, better career planning as well as more tenured positions for professors and associate professors.
Here are some of the benefits of becoming a member of NAR:
- We fight to increase your salary! NAR has managed to raise the starting salary of PhD candidates by 20 pay grades in only 15 years.
- We have your back if you experience any labour disputes. You are entitled to help from your local union representative, and our attorneys can give you free legal assistance.
- We can help you negotiate the terms of your contract when you’re offered a new position.
- We fight to improve your working conditions. We want fewer temporary appointments and more tenured positions.
- We host several seminars for PhD candidates every year free of charge.
- We offer good deals on insurance and banking services.
- You get special offers on a range of products through the confederation Unio.
* For PhD candidates (stipendiat), the regular monthly fee in 2022 is NOK 128 for the first year of membership, plus NOK 167 for the basic insurance plan.
* Offer is valid when registering for membership in the period between 1 September and 31 December 2022.
* If you do not wish to continue your membership after the campaign period, you must submit a written resignation. Otherwise, your membership and insurance plan will be continued on regular terms from 1 January 2023.