Right now, it is especially wise to join Forskerforbundet. All new members get free membership for the rest of the year. This offer is valid from 20 September 2021.
September 20, 2021
Are you a knowledge worker? Then there are many good reasons to join Forskerforbundet (the Norwegian Association of Researchers). Right now, one of them is that we will cover your membership fee for the rest of the year. This means that you can save money – and at the same time get a number of new offers and opportunities that we think you will greatly appreciate.
First a little about us:
Forskerforbundet organises employees and students in research, higher education, and dissemination of knowledge. Among us, we have archaeologists, librarians, clinical dietitians, academic support staff, lecturers, curators, professors, PhD candidates and researchers – to name a few. In total, we are 24,000 members, and the reason we want to have even more members is simple: The power of a union grows when it is shared among many!
Our main purpose is to increase salaries and improve working conditions for our members.
If you join NAR now, you don't have to pay any membership fees until January 1, 2022. During the period of free membership, you will also be covered by our mandatory insurance plan, which includes life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance and critical illness insurance. The regular monthly premium for this insurance is NOK 158.
As a member of Forskerforbundet, you also get:
- A safety net. We are a safety net you can rely on when you need it. We have skilled union representatives in 300 local chapters across the country, who assist our members with big and small challenges and answer any questions you may have. We also have a top team of specialized lawyers who assist if you have problems in your employment.
- Someone who negotiates your salary. We negotiate salaries for all our members and work to ensure that everyone has a good salary development. We work to ensure that those who have made an effort or gained increased responsibility or competence also receive compensation for this in the form of increased salary. We fight for PhD candidates and other groups not to be left behind in terms of pay.
- Good banking and insurance offers, such as favourable mortgages, as well as other membership benefits.
- A professional and social community. As a trade unionist, you are part of a professional and social network in your workplace. Most local chapters organize seminars, courses and social gatherings for their members.
- Reading material. You will receive the periodical Forskerforum ten times a year.
Information about the membership and the offer:
- The regular monthly fee is NOK 498 for membership plus NOK 158 for the insurance plan.
- For PhD candidates (stipendiat), the regular fee is NOK 270 for membership plus NOK 158 for the insurance plan.
- Offer is valid when registering for membership in the period between 20 September and 31 December 2021. Offer is not valid for student members.
- If you do not wish to continue your membership, you must submit a written resignation. Otherwise, your membership and insurance plan will be continued on regular terms from 1 January 2022.