Hopp direkte til innhold

Hopp direkte til Søk

INFO IN ENGLISH? Find essential articles and documents in our  English section



Information for Incoming Researchers

Information for foreign citizens coming to Norway to work in the research and higher education sector.

As a mobile researcher you will have to tackle issues such as accommodation, visa and work permits, language lessons, schools for your children, social security and medical care.

Here is where you can get started:

Living in Norway
Information for incoming researchers from EURAXESS Norway. In this section you find information about practical issues concerning settling down in Norway. The portal is hosted by the Research Council of Norway.

New in Norway
New in Norway is a booklet and a website with practical information from public agencies in Norway. New in Norway has been prepared to labour immigrants, but is useful to spouses, employers with foreign employees and other groups as well.

Work permits and settlement

Information from the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI).

Service Centre for Foreign Workers in Norway

Recognition of foreign higher education – information from the Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education; NOKUT.

The EURAXESS portal lists registration requirements for EU/EEA/EFTA citizens, together with information about the most relevant permits for researchers from countries outside the EU/EEA/EFTA.

  • Del denne siden: